Old 07-26-12, 10:16 AM
kd5ete

Bikes: Polaris Sportsman 21 speed Comfort bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi EBikeFL,
I recently purchased a papamtor 48v 1000w 26" front wheel system from papamotor back in may 2012 & placed it on my polaris sportsman comfort bike which i ride to work & back home 3 - 4 times a week.My commute is a 20 mile round trip & i get top speeds of around 31 mph on the flat surface.For a man that weighs 219 lbs.,i am more than satisified with the system. I have a few hills on the way to work which of course pulls the speed down but the only time i pedal is when i first take off from a dead stop & that is by choice as i have the pedal assist connected up as well to help the bike out & not put such a load on the battery from a dead stop to start.I purchased a 48v 20ah lifepoe4 battery thru another business on EBay.The only difference in the ah is that the 20 ah will give you a little more range than the 15 ah but not any more speed & at 31mph,i am satisified with that although i am currently looking at building another Ebike that will go around 40 -45 mph that will have a 72v 40ah system on it yet it will be on a bicycle frame & look like a bicycle & not an Emotorcycle.But as far as the papamotor system,i have almost 400 miles on the system & have not had any mechanical problems with it as of yet. I'll try & post a picture or 2 on here soon as i am a NEWBIE on here at the moment.LOL Good luck with your bike & i hope that you have as much fun on it as this ole man is having on his.