View Single Post
Old 07-27-12, 05:24 PM
SpockNard

Bikes: Schwinn Traveler 1964, High Sierra 1984, EV Global eBike, Schwinn 1977 LeTour

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have purchased several LiFePO4 battery/charger combos via a few vendors on eBay. Have also bought conversion kits with motor/wheel/battery/charger. I also worked with one mfr. to get 10 batteries custom made to fit old EVGlobal battery cases. The last time I looked, any US sellers were selling Chinese made anyhoo- can't say what situation is now. I have had no problems at all so far in 2 years' experience. But be advised, if there is a problem, shipping costs are such that some Chinese sellers are real reluctant about exchanges, and returns would cost you. No warranties, but lots of feedback to see. Yes, the duct tape looks crappy- I put 'em in nylon bags and strap to bike rack for conversions.

Originally Posted by arni0202
I've heard LiFePo4 Batteries are good??? There are a few sellers on Ebay and they range from 150 to $300. Should these be trusted? Do they have warranties? They're coming from people in China mostly and they're covered in Duct Tape it looks like lol Go to ebay and type in Lifepo4 and you'll see what I mean. Are there any "respected" websites that sell similar lifepo4 batteries with warranties and the like?