Old 07-31-12, 09:27 AM
lsberrios1 

Bikes: '13 Spech Roubaix SL4 Expert

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cycling Shorts, bibs and GPRs like device.

Good day,

I am really enjoying the crycling sport. Have had the bike for a week and 2 days now and even though it is pretty hard work it is fun and satisfying. Yesterday I did my first group ride. It was a 20 mile beginner ride. I have to say I almost did not make it. It comes to show how bad of shape I am in. Still, it will get better.

I noticed that I needed some shorts. I am starting to have trouble urinating and I think those are symptoms of the seat killing the sitting bone. I do know I have to get a propper fit in the bike but shorts will help immensensely, I've heard.

Can you guys point me out to some shorts or bibs that are durable and comfortable for a great price? Saw some at the LBS yesterday but at 130 bucks they seemed to be a bit too out there. The salesperson even told me to go online and check. Either Bibs or even saggy shorts for my commute would be nice.

Also I would like to get equipment to measure my rides and get some telemetric data out of them. They had the Garmin Edge 500 at the store but it was way too expensive at 350.00 or so. I am looking for something durable and accurate but more beginnerish... Any recommendations appreciated. Hopefully something that doesnt break the $100 barrier. Looking for something with speed, distance, maybe something to measure grade % on hills and maybe cardio monitoring.

Thank you!