mcrow
Pedal Pusher/Pundit

Bikes: Motobecane Jubilee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CJ C
protein intake is about ~ .5 per pound of body weight. When i lifted i upped that to 1 to 1.

Just look at this morning so far and i am still hungry and its only 10:30;

Right after my ride 6:30-Glass of milk
6:45 two scrambled eggs
7:30 - banana
8:00 - Bagel & cream cheese
8:30 - organic yogurt
9:00 - apple
9:40 - Vending machine Famous Amous cookies
10:30 - still starving (craving a Italian beef sangwich w/ hot pepers and fries)

what i have waiting for me at lunch is 1.25 grilled chicken breasts with mozzarella with about 2 cups of mixed veggies and beans, and for a snack 1 cup of baby carrots. what will happen 1 hour after i eat i will be starving again and run to the vending machine for pretzels or chips. and still be hungry

tonight i am cooking a steak with broccoli and slice of sourdough bread w/ olive oil. what will happen an hour after that is I will probably eat my kids perdue chicken nuggets and make a ham sandwich too.
Tha's a lot of carbs, not much fat, not much protein, not much fiber.

I always enjoy a protein bar or two in the morning (pure protein makes good ones and they're cheap). That way I get 40g of protein right away in the morning and it really helps so that I don't get hungry before lunch. Sometimes if I ride in the morning I'll eat 2 bars and a packet of nuts (~540 calories) and that will hold me over until lunch time and gives me 45g of protein. It also gives you enough carbs that you don't bonk during the day and the nuts give you some good natural fats which also help with hunger.

Keep in mind that if you don't get enough fat your body cannot produce proper amounts of hormones like testosterone. Longterm low fat diets will reduce your testosterone levels quite a bit, particularly if you cycle a lot or lift weights.