Old 07-31-12, 12:31 PM
bossco11

Bikes: Trek 3900

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bulldozer
I preferred Holly when heading north from the C470 path. There's a dirt path that diverts off of the 470 trail right at Davidson's Liquor (old boat store can be seen from the trail). Take that path and get on Holly. I would take Holly to Belleview and then north again on Monaco, right on Union and that will take you over to the CC dam entrance to the park. The area around Holly/Belleview is sketchy traffic-wise but you can meander further east through the neighborhood there and come out almost at Union.
I did my ride Saturday. I used the route that Bulldozer recommended. It worked great. Holly was a bit hilly, but nothing I couldn't manage. I rode it with a friend that lives in Denver. He's lived there all his life and never rode either Cherry Creek or South Platte.
We left from the Highland Ranch area, took C-470 east then north to Cherry Creek, then south on the South Platte. We finally ran out of gas at the Platte River Grill....I recommend running out of gas there, it was cool inside and the food is good.
Thanks for the advice Bulldozer.