Old 12-02-02, 05:41 PM
Joe Gardner
BikeForums Founder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sean, Utah is a great place to ride, very wide streets, friendly drivers and great mountains (good for skiing too!) to climb.

I'll try to answer to the best of my adbilities.

1) I live about 20 miles south of SLC, in Highland UT. I would love to live in the downtown area, but have a great job close to home.

2) The Bonneville Bicycle Touring Club (bbtc.net) is the only one that i have spent time with. Afew of the bike shops in SLC also have there own smaller clubs.

3) A few bike paths, but i stay away from them. Road riding is fine, i put on 5000+ miles this year without any incidents.

4) Both, your choice. Alot of hills to go after if thats what your into.

5) Not really, i know alot of the bbtc.net club rides start in the city, and head outwards. SLC is actualy a very small city, as we are stuck between the lake, and mountains, not much room for development, so your never going to be stuck in suburbia.

6) I would rather live in downtown SLC then my current residence of Highland UT. Downtown has a much better vibe, and more things to do and see.

7) Transplant, not by choice, but i have thought about moving to the down town area once i have some money to do so.

SLC is very bike friendly, and amazingly wide streets. Its a great place to ride. The main reason i would move there would be to live car-free. The bus and light rail system would get me anywhere i need to go, off the bike. Even the local resorts.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Joe Gardner; 12-02-02 at 05:45 PM.