Old 08-09-05, 05:58 PM
Kogswell
Matthew Grimm / Flunky

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eddiebrannan
thank you for the post, but here's the thing: i really don't like the look of the pista fork (ps it's drilled anyway), so the bikeworks fork looks like a great solution.

please explain the headset to me anyway, it sounds interesting. i'm in LA on a work trip right now and using ther hotel's computer, so don't have my entourage to email you, but please email me the info at eddie@eddiebrannan.com. i'll get back to you thursday.
Ah. Well then get a threaded fork.

The GeForce headset is kool, but ugly. It looks just like any other headset up to to the top cup. (It has roller bearings at the bottom, ala the famous Stronglight headsets)

The top cup is a two-piece affair. The cup is on bottom and there is a collar above. The cup and collar are threaded and one screws into the other. You then:

- slide the cup and color on the fork and down into the bearing, loosely

- you tighten the collar onto the steerer, using a little bolt on the collar

- then you unscrew the cup and it screws down into the bearing and load the bearing

- finally, you tighten the cup against the steerer using another little bolt

I think they're kool because you can use a threadless fork and a quill stem. We use them here and we love them. They're very geeky.

The downside is that they aren't very pretty. And we appreciate how important beauty is, in all of its many forms.

I have a soft spot in my heart for YST products. The owner/designer is a krazy man who focuses on the technical and gets cash up front for all orders. My kind of guy.