View Single Post
Old 08-02-12, 04:14 AM
bikenh

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks for the responses. Who makes the neoprene sleeves? I didn't even know they existed.

I will say it is amazing when you ask a question, rather open ended looking for a multitude of answers/ideas and some people want to think their way is the only way. I got to laugh. On the upcoming trip I'm planning on taking starting in a week or two...I don't plan to use panniers. I will be using a backpack for carrying everything. If I'm going to be sweaty, who cres if my back is sweaty or not. It's pointless. I thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail 15 years with the same backpack I'm planning on using on the bike trip and didn't think a thing about it then. I've used the same backpack for running errands on the bike January-December for over 1.5 years now and don't think a thing about it. It rides very comfortably and goes with me when I get off the bike, no leaving it behind for someone to rummage through/steal my stuff. Everybody has their own way of doing things and as I posted originally I was looking to see what everyone was using to try to get different ideas, not just one idea. I think that is enough said.