View Single Post
Old 08-04-12, 03:52 PM
PedalTraveler

Bikes: 1958 Schwinn Deluxe Spitfire, 2016 Surly Cross Check, 1971 BH Folder, 2016 Felt DD10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My 1951 Raleigh Clubman Project

I recently got this old Raleigh Clubman and am planning a partial restoration for it. If the date in the hub can be trusted it is a 1951 model. I will cleaning up all the metal components, and replacing the brakes, cables, etc. I hope to polish the paint out as good as it will get and apply clear coat it to seal it. The paint is pretty rough as it is, but as a college student a correct repaint isn't in the budget, and in a way I like how it shows it's history.

1951 Raleigh Clubman Bicycle by ptpomber, on Flickr

It seems to have all original compnents, it has G.B. Sport "Hiduminium" brakes, a Brooks B-17 saddle, a Britannialloy pump, and a Sturmey Archer AM 3 speed hub. The pedals may not be original, the clips are Italian marked Avocet.

1951 Raleigh Clubman Components by ptpomber, on Flickr

I haven't ever worked on a British bike of this vintage and was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for fixing it up. I also don't know much about club bikes in general or specifically Raleigh Clubmans and would appreciate any info anyone would care to share.

Anyways, thanks for your help!

Last edited by PedalTraveler; 08-09-12 at 06:01 PM.