Old 08-09-05, 11:08 PM
Don Gwinn
Giant-Riding Ogre

Bikes: 2005 Giant OCR2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just keep moving. The rest does almost take care of itself.

I ate a skimpy breakfast this morning, then got called out on an emergency ambulance call that turned into two emergency calls as such things are wont to do--and I had run out of the house without my wallet. I thus skipped lunch and all snacking entirely and, by 2:45 when I finally got home, I'd had maybe 400 calories all day. I try to eat between 1500 and 1800 now, around maintenance for my target of 200 lbs. But I was running really late for a job interview by that time and still needed to shower, shave and change (I hadn't expected to be gone from 10:30 to 2:30 when I left, but they really needed someone to go) so I just grabbed a water and the biggest banana on the bunch on my way out the door. So, maybe I'd had 700 calories by this time, probably not. Essentially I'd had an english muffin, a bite of eggs, a bite of an apple (I had just taken my first bite when the page call came, and I forgot about it when I was looking for my shoes) plus a banana and a whole bunch of water. For the entire day. I was eating like a supermodel and I was STARVING.

But when I called again to remind the interviewer that I'd be running late, they told me she was running late too. She thought nothing of it and ended up offering me the job, making twice what I make now. I start Monday. So there I was, about 800 calories behind on my daily intake just when I really, REALLY wanted to take my wife and kids out for a huge celebration dinner. We went to Friday's (the kids' favorite) and I was able to have a huge plate of barbecued chicken and veggies plus the appetizer without the tiniest shred of guilt. I found I didn't even really want dessert.

I should have bought a lottery ticket.

Oh yeah, and the new job is close enough to commute on a bike and nearly doubles my current income. Let's see. . . . oh yes, here it is:

Busted Crappy Bike + (2)Income + Bike Commute = SHINY NEW BIKE

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter