Old 08-05-12, 03:44 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
What some of us must be forgetting is that if someone has been into cycling for ant time at all they have a parts box. I am a reborn cyclist that gave it up when life got in the way and I was upwardly moble. I moved to a resort mountain community and gave up cycling more or less. After a yer or two I sould or tossed out everything in my parts box. About 4 or 5 years ago I came back and in less than a year I had a full parts box. About a year ago I built a bike from frame up with parts in the box and all I needed to buy was a chain and some cables. Today I have a whole set of shifters, two front derailleurs, one SRAM and one Ultrgra. I have two seat posts, an extra stem four or five extra pedals, Crank Brothers, Time, Shimano, Look and Speed Play. 4 sets of wheels and three extra saddles. It is close to having enough spare parts to build another bike. So why use a LBS? I get chains, CO-2s tubes, gloves, pumps, cassettes, cables, water bottles, Gel and shot blocks. And sometimes N+1.

But I do use my favorite LBS because they have a machine shop and even had to make a cone for my old Shimano Dura Ace handto built wheels. I get them to service my bike and make sure I have it adjusted correctly. Plus I can't seem true a wheel as well or as quickly as that LBS. So as I have said I don't see the LBS going out of business and I will give them a chance at any part or product I want to oder before I order online.