View Single Post
Old 08-06-12, 05:09 AM
Training.Wheels
Cool Guy

Bikes: Jamis Sputnik, Leader 722 Heritage Edition, Brompton, Bianchi Via Nirone, Robinson SST, Diamondback Sorrento

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mulleady
Good luck, you will never regret. This forum has its fair share of Brompton critics and it is not the bike for everyone. I have 3 folders and the Brompton is the one I would never give up as it is priceless for its versatility & compactness. It's a very able bike and many rivals are still trying to come up with a better compact fold.
That's reassuring. A model that hasn't been changed in 30 years has GOT to be reliable, right?

Originally Posted by wahoonc
I suspect the "wobblyness" that your GF felt was the difference between a 16" and a 20" wheel. I ride both and it always takes me a bit to make the adjustment. My 20" wheeled bikes happen to be Raleigh Twentys which are rock solid. My 16" wheeled bikes are Dahon Classic III's which do flex some.

As for a touring bike Tour on the Brompton? Dahon used to make a sweet 20" touring bike called the Speed TR, but they have discontinued it.

Aaron
Man.. that path less pedaled site is extremely inspiring. Thank you for showing me that. I've actually seen a lot of Speed Pros showing up on my local craigslist lately; maybe one day, I might go for one.

Originally Posted by Dynocoaster
Link P24h. Here is a person who has done a review:
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ight=tern+p24h
I've seen that! That's what got me considering the P24h in the first place (check my signature, haha). It's a great value indeed.