Old 08-07-12, 11:45 AM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by PhotoJoe
I would say we go about this a different way, though. I agree the "everyone makes it to the shack together" and "that's as far as we go on this ride" approach was the best way for our first ride. On this ride, though, I would say we structure it as we all make it to the shack together, like we did on Sunday. Rest as necessary. Take our time. At that point, anyone who wants to keep going goes on to the village together, with the same approach as the first leg. Anyone who doesn't want to go on can stop at the shack and head back down with absolutely no shame whatsoever. I would rather not exclude anyone who wants to do the shack again, but not the village. Thoughts?
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I like the strategy too - head up to the shack at your own pace (now that we all know where we're going) and then regroup and head off to the village for the more deranged people in the group. Stick together for the village portion.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I interpreted what PJ put here as doing it the same way...nobody gets left behind to go it alone even to the shack...but those who want to continue on will do so after a bit of rest and recovery at the shack.

We may have some other GMR rookies who want to give this a go based off our ride this past weekend...I for one would prefer to do it like we did Sunday tho I would guess I would need to stop fewer times this go around.

Last edited by Beachgrad05; 08-07-12 at 11:47 AM. Reason: additonal comment