Old 08-07-12, 05:16 PM
-holiday76
No one cares

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 40 Posts
Woodrup Giro Touring

I picked up this Giro a bit ago from a forum member for cheap. The frame has seen better days, it has a dent in the top tube and another behind the bb on the drive side chain stay. But for my purposes its perfect. I had a spare mixed campy 9 speed group and I wanted to make an ergo big tire commuter. This frame is perfect because it was made for 27" wheels and had gods of clearance.

I purchased cheap Kenda's off of Amazon just because I didnt want to spend much money on this project. Just about everything on the bike I had around (hence the badly matched green b17) except for the front wheel and the tektro 800a's which I got for something like $25 shipped. They obviously had way more reach than I needed. I might see if a 650b wheelset will work with them at some point and make a shimergo setup...

the kend'as claim to be 700x38's but they only measure 35mm.

another thing that will change when I get around to it is the triple crank. it will get a Sugino px either set up as a wide range double or a triple. I just have to put it together.

the experiment worked out pretty well. It's super comfy. I'm already wishing I'd of bought better tires though as they just ride "cheap". I dont know how to explain it. I will see if I can fit some proper 38's.

Here's some pics