View Single Post
Old 08-08-12, 01:16 PM
GrandaddyBiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flying Merkel
That's about three times what it cost new. Avoid at all costs. I rode a 10 speed Huffy due to poverty back in '79. We lasted about 2 months before I shoved it back in the garage and walked to work instead. Completely awful bike with no redeeming features. It was only 2-3 years old but it looked 20-30. Nothing ever stayed adjusted. The rims would warp overnight. The brakes always rubbed yet never managed to stop the bike. When I could manage to get everything tuned up and on the same page it had a heavy dead feeling with overtones of flimsy. It was a two-wheeled june bug.
Some years ago I remember seeing a video of a large organized bike ride. I don’t remember all the details of this event but there was a party at the end of the ride. They had bunch of Huffy bikes (have no idea where they got all these Huffy bikes). For entertainment they had a Huffy throwing contest. Each guy would pick up a Huffy and see how far they could throw it. At the time I thought that was an awful thing to do. I thought why not give the Huffy to someone who does not have a bike. However, if the bikes are as bad as you say, that may not have been a bad thing to do after all.