View Single Post
Old 08-10-12, 06:03 AM
rider2501

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit lock question

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this question in but here goes....

I am looking for a bike lock and I narrowed my choices down to the OnGuard Brute 5001 and the Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit. My choices are based on this article. The Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit seems the way to go but it looks small. I was watching this youtube video that shows the proper way to lock your bike, the actual technique is show at 1:30 seconds into the video. The U-lock goes through the rear wheel AND frame to attach your bike to whatever post/pole/bike rack you are locking it to. My question is to anyone that owns the Kryptonite Fahgettaboutit. Is the Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit long/large enough to lock the bike using the technique shown in the video? Can anyone that owns one verify that this is possible? The Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit size is listed at 3.25" x 6". This doesn't seem big enough to perform this locking technique. If it isn't, I'm probably better off with a larger lock. The OnGuard Brute 5001 is listed at 4.37" x 8". This lock is a bit larger and would hopefully be large enough to perform this locking technique. What do you guys think? Thanks.