Old 08-12-12, 12:52 AM
Training.Wheels
Cool Guy

Bikes: Jamis Sputnik, Leader 722 Heritage Edition, Brompton, Bianchi Via Nirone, Robinson SST, Diamondback Sorrento

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nightdiver
That's awesome. Good on ya for doing that sort of haul without a car. What metropolitan area are you in?
I'm from San Jose, California, and I work twice a week in San Francisco, which is 50 miles away.

Originally Posted by ryukenden
Hey TW,
I have a similar story to yours but I can't bring myself into buying more bikes when you just ordered a bike. How would you justified the purchase of 3 bike when you only need one?

Also brompton looks freakishly ugly, Could you compare the Tern/dahon visually to a brompton? Pictures don't do justice than first hand.
I liked how compact brompton is compared to other folders.
Well, at one point in my life, I had about 100 sneakers, most of them only worn a few times - I don't really know the meaning of the words "only need one," haha. As for my exact justifications, I bought the P8 so that my girlfriend could ride with me, and I bought the Brompton as more of a "sidekick" bike. I can't really bring the other two indoors into restaurants and such without looking like a fool. As for my Tern, I would like to keep that around because it just looks so damn nice. I bought a black B17 saddle for it and some black Deep Design pedals to replace all the parts that I thought looked cheap on the Uno. I'm a man of style; having just one of anything does not suit me.

As for the what I think of the three bikes visually, I like the Tern and Brompton the best. I used to think that Bromptons were ugly because they weren't sporty looking, but I really do believe they're an acquired taste and the classic look has since grown on me - a lot. The Tern Link Uno is just super clean and sleek; I love the shape of the frame and the paintjob (the not quite matte black look). I like its sporty look; it contrasts the Brompton. As for the P8, I look at it more as a utility bike rather than a stylish one. I think all three look awesome though compared to full sized bikes, which I find boring.