Old 08-12-12, 12:14 PM
Jude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike route from Washington, DC to Harrisonburg, VA

I'm in need of some routing advice! I'm considering cycling from Philadelphia to Harrisonburg, VA for a wedding in early October this year, and assuming I determine that the ride is doable in the amount of time I can take off work, there's a section of the ride I'm not familiar with where I could use some routing guidance.

From Philly to DC, I figure I can use the Adventure Cycling East Coast route, and once I reach Front Royal, I have a general plan based on past experience cycling in the area. From DC up to/across the Blue Ridge is where I'd be looking for route advice.

Can anyone recommend some roads in that area that would be amenable to cycling? Hopefully with an absence of too many steep climbs, cars, and then of course scenery is a bonus.

Thanks!

Incidentally, the final section would involve going down Fort Valley Rd., then out for a bit onto Rt. 11, and then piecing together Shenandoah Valley back-roads until I get into town - that part would be pretty familiar to me from my college days. I might also get a bus or train to DC ride from there, as well, if time is tight.