Old 08-12-12, 11:18 PM
D. Lambrigger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bought my first road bike - want to learn about it!

I have been following the forums for a while as I have been looking for my first road bike to ride in a sprint triathlon, but also just to ride. After advice I received here, I finally bought a Marin "Limited Edition". The seller stated that the bike looked like it was kept in a garage. It has Shimano RSX (I know, not great) components, brifters and rides really well. The seat and pedals aren't original, but it rode so nice, I decided not to wait.

Anyway, I was told it was 80's vintage. It has a 7 speed cassette and is polished almost chrome looking color (no color that I know of.) The bike has MARIN on the downbar bar in off white and LIMITED EDITION on the top bar. Anyway, I was interested in knowing the year, and the quality of the bike. I believe they were mid-range, but the components make me think otherwise. Any information is much appreciated! Regardless of what I hear, I like the thing, it looks cool and rides well. A few little changes (pedals, maybe a seat and aero bars) and I'll be really happy.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Marin #1 - My New Bike.jpg (34.5 KB, 29 views)