View Single Post
Old 12-04-02, 03:05 AM
nathank
cycle-powered

Bikes: '02 Specialized FSR, '03 RM Slayer, '99 Raleigh R700, '97 Norco hartail, '89 Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i can relate. i've gone on non-cycling vacations a few times in the last 2 years and i just about freak out after about 3 days not being on the bike...

i agree with cyclezealot about cycling and competition - that i love cycling when i'm not competing as well as competing and training for competition. this year i only did about 5 races and last year about 3 - since i left Oregon i haven't really gotten back into the racing scene and i'm not actively training for races - i just ride! but i've still logged some 10,000km and 61,000m vertical this year! i may not be quite as fast as i could be but i actually have had as much or more time on the bike as when i was actively training for the 3 years prior.

in January i'm going to Russia for 10 days and i don't think i'll be riding - i'm going with my sister who's only a good weather cyclist and i'm not taking the bike and it's REALLY cold in Russia in January with average temps in the -20 to -15C range. but in the past i've actually found a week-long break every few months makes me love cycling even more.