Old 08-13-12, 06:38 PM
Rhinelander
Coppista

Bikes: Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some interesting points... This should be fun to watch. Not sure on how much I buy into the "underraced" thing. I know it can be a factor but I suspect it's more mental than physical. I believe that young, 1st and/or 2nd yr pros are more suceptible to this than a seasoned pro like Contador. After all, this is no longer the age of a Gino Bartali who would just wheel his bike out of his garage and get with it. Riders like Contador have already gone through a few years with a car on their wheels and cardio sensors stuck all over them on every training ride. He has a database behind him that let's him know beyond the shaddow of a doubt as to his form. Plus he's been around long enough not to get psyched out by anything. I believe he's got his priorities (timetable) mapped out to the day. He knows there's a few out there who can (potentially) throw a monkey wrench into this and as everyone knows, all it takes is to flat at the wrong time or have your chain come off or something like that and before you know it, you're 3 min. down... once he has to chase in the mountains, he'll burn fuel... Like him or not, I still think he's gifted