Carbon Unit
Live to ride ride to live

Bikes: Calfee Tetra Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Campag4life
Just so I understand what you do. After storing your Air Chuck in your saddle bag with 5-6 turns of cartridge attachment to the nozzle head.
What is your next step if you get a flat? Do you further tighten the nozzle to the cartridge to pierce the cartridge?...or does depressing the nozzle pierce the cartridge?
Thanks
PS: to me having just used my Air Chuck Elite one time a couple of days ago, it wasn't clear to me I pierced the cartridge by threading the nozzle onto the cartridge...at which point in the threading process...as there didn't feel like a defining point when the cartridge was punctured...cartridge tightened and just stopped.

Yes, I put the cartridge on and turn it until it stops. If you turn it any further, it will puncture the cartridge. I do this when I am ready to use it to fix a flat. Then, just push the head onto the Presta valve. You regulate it by pushing and letting up on the pressure. Be sure to blow some air into the tube with your mouth so that the tube is round when you put in into the tire so that you don't get a pinch flat.

The cartridge will get cold when you put Co2 through it. Not a big deal. If you can hold a ice cube in your hand for 20 seconds, then you will be fine. Maybe in the winter, you might want to wear gloves.