Old 08-17-12, 08:52 AM
LHoT10820

Bikes: 1975 Peugeot PX-10 LE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
One of the reasons for building up to a long distance gradually is so that you can get your nutrition and hydration sorted out.

You probably don't need to need a lot more before the ride. Maybe put the chicken on a piece of bread. But you need to eat regularly during the ride. And you need to determine what snacks will work well for you.

Have you read the Tips for Riding a Century sticky thread yet? There's some nutritional information there which could be helpful for you.
I scanned through it briefly, and I'll be going in depth with it today.

I'm feeling confident enough to tackle a century with less than a week of cycling experience because I have six years of history with doing non-stop cardio. I just underestimated how well I'd be able to hold up on a bike (Though I still think it would have gone better if I wasn't fighting strong winds the entire way).

After I stopped and got a snack around mile 42, I definitely could have gone for a substantially longer trip. I had to end it at 50 miles because I ran out of daylight and I don't have any lights or reflective gear on my bike, and I was clothed in all black.