Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sstorkel
1) the OP stated explicitly that he's comfortable wrenching on bikes and isn't worried about buying from BD on that basis

2) if there were no difference in durability or performance of components, everybody would save money and buy Shimano Alivio, Tektro, etc

3) I would be extremely surprised if a Clyde couldn't feel the difference between a fixed-travel Suntour fork and an adjustable-travel Rock Shox Tora U-turn fork with lockout

While I certainly wouldn't recommend a BD bike to everyone, I do think it's a reasonable consideration for the OP.
XT, LX, better fork, WTB rims on the Moto vs Alvio and Acera, Alex rims on the Specialized ? No questions asked, the Motobecane. Besides, what's to install, handlebars and pedals? Heck, we all have a bud that will help with the installation and if you have any kind of mechanical ability, these things are super easy. I've adjusted deraillerus for buds on the roadside many a times.

If anything, ride the heck out of the bike and if anything happens, get a new frame. Pretty much part of the game if you ride your bikes.