Old 08-19-12, 09:15 AM
JPZ66

Bikes: 1949 'Italian' , 1950 San Giusto, 1897 Union, and a number of "projects"... 198? Grandis, a couple of Mixte's...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Is there a definitive photo database for C&V ?

There are always so many different requests with identifying various C&V bicycles, that I'm wondering if a comprehensive database exists somewhere. Something geared toward the frames themselves, not so much the components. Something with thumbnails showing good close ups of the lugs, bb, dropouts, etc.

I know I have searched the web and will usually find a little of this or a little of that, often with some photo that you can't even make out the details on. Understand that I am what some might call "computer challenged", or I might set about to do it myself.

It seems to me we have the makings well established, with various threads on head badges, drain holes, and numerous help-me-ID this bike threads scattered about.

Have I not found the right web site yet in my various searches ? Does this already exist out there in cyberland ?

I see that even within this forum, the membership has a vast collection of various models, and a wealth of knowledge to go with them.

Any thoughts on this ?

Cheers,

Joe