View Single Post
Old 08-19-12, 09:16 AM
Cyclcist11023131
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 21 Posts
Here we go again. Somebody passed me too fast and I'm offended. I have a right to let my kids play in the middle of the bike trail. I have a right to walk my dog on one side of the trail as I walk on the other side. I have the right to not pay any attention or be any bit aware of my surroundings. I have the right to stop and camp in the middle of the trail. I have the right to be startled because of wearing my headphones/texting/celltalking and then yell and cuss. I have the right to scream at you because I am unaware. Your too fast is my to slow. This is more about common sense. Teach your children/yourselves two things and all the drama is over. 1.) Look BEFORE you turn. 2.) Ditch the headphones as it takes all your faculties to just be aware of your surroundings and act accdordingly. If somebody is passing you get over. That guy is probably a superior athelete, should be respected, so move over. If he is a flash in the pan you can pass him back soon enough. . If a pack of riders comes up on you, move over to the right and let them pass. If it scares you, pull off and let them pass. Bring small kids to the park and let them get comfortable riding. Teach them to jump curbs and bunny hop gopher holes. Give them the skills to ride the River trail. My daughter is just learning to drive. I have not sent her out on the 5 freeway and let her go. She is honing her skills trying not to pull out in front of cars, around our neighborhood. Before that we drove in big parking lots. Same thing. I'm complaining because of the big mean riders going fast when I have no business being out here. I have the right to be here! I have the right to learn deadly lessons right out in the middle of the road. I have the right to not teach my kids anything, and just complain. I have the right to yell while I'm an obstuction. I have the right to vote for Obama! But I won't. I'm going to pray a little and go out and teach my daughter how to drive on the freeway. I have that right too. Look out. P.S. This is just a rant from a daily rider, nothing personal, just my own view. Just because I have the right to sound off doesn't mean I won't try it....