Old 08-20-12, 04:25 PM
mulleady
The Metropolis, UK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FoldingLawrence
Love the look with that saddle as well. I'm switching the saddle asap as well. I'm still suffering from yesterday's travels with the stock one. Good excuse for an early upgrade though .

Going to check out Bicycle Workshop in Notting Hill. It's been highly recommended for saddle advice. Most people seem to go with a Brooks B17 but I want to get some advice with these ol' child bearing hips of mine!

I'm hoping to avoid the tube but I've actually looked into this trolley rack a bit today. Hopefully I won't need it and I'll just be able to roll it tipped on one wheel when I do need to.

Trying my first commute ride in tomorrow so if you don't see me post again, you know it won't have gone so well...
Good luck commuting. I visited Evans near Great Portland Street and saw your bike. It even comes with Schwalbe Marathon Supremes as the stock tyres right? If so you can put a big smile on your face as they are incredible tyres in terms of puncture resistance but still fast rolling. I have the same tyres on my Dahon Jetstream EX and love them. All the Tern frames are very rigid and an advance on Dahon's hinges and stiffness.

Glad you bought it. As much as I'm know on these forums for praising/defending Brompton, there are times some other brands just make sense for the money and what you need it for. Such a cool looking bike too in your colour. Looks twice the price!

PS Really you can't beat a nice Brooks saddle in black on that bike. They really are incredibly comfortable and get even more so with time as well as aesthetically pleasing if you choose the right one. It doesn't seem so expensive when you compare the other high-end saddles and what they charge for them.

Last edited by mulleady; 08-20-12 at 04:30 PM.