Old 08-20-12, 10:15 PM
ryukenden

Bikes: Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Azreal911
Doubt it'll be lighter because most of the weight is in that massive folding hinge! the handlepost hinge is twice the size of the dahons and brompton joints but you can easily feel the difference once you start riding it! Also really slick black brooks you got! didn't expect you to upgrade that already, i got the brown one for my uno cause I have the grey frame and wanted it to really stand out

Oh yeah folding lawrence if you do alot of multimode commuting and drag the bike along the tube alot you might want the trolley rack accessory since you have the Link model it's made for it and makes your bike no harder to drag around than a laptop bag.

But if you don't really need to take the tube as often then I wouldn't recommend it because it's a little heavier than the normal rack you have on there already.

To compare, here's mines with grey frame. I think its looks beautiful as it matches the rest of the bike. Also Tern did made a lighter Hydro-form Frame but its more expensive. Well hey, you save 5lbs.

Originally Posted by FoldingLawrence
Love the look with that saddle as well. I'm switching the saddle asap as well. I'm still suffering from yesterday's travels with the stock one. Good excuse for an early upgrade though .

Going to check out Bicycle Workshop in Notting Hill. It's been highly recommended for saddle advice. Most people seem to go with a Brooks B17 but I want to get some advice with these ol' child bearing hips of mine!
Ah, Its seems you were also a victim of stock saddle monster. It got me good and put me in recovery for few days. Now I'm thinking of replacing those ugly pedals with shiny one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ternlinkd8oj.jpg (58.7 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by ryukenden; 08-21-12 at 01:21 AM.