View Single Post
Old 08-11-05, 05:35 PM
af895

Bikes: 2003 KHS F20-Westwood folding & enough parts to make several more bikes...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LittlePixel

That's me - sans helmet - at the london critical mass ride two fridays ago. I have new Conti Grand Prix tyres on order as the rear Stelvio Mango has decided to come apart. :(
Never ride a Stelvio semi-flat is the lesson there

Sweeeeeet.

My KHS folder is geared a bit low. Probably good for the rest of this season while I'm retraining my legs but I'm looking at larger chainrings than the current 44/32.

I've wondered about internally geared hubs. I understand when they're not in "direct drive" mode they lose a slight bit of efficiency. How much are we talking about? Like, "noticable drag" or "nearly imperceptable?"

I love that the Raleigh 20 folder perserveres even TODAY, decades after it was first produced. That tells you something about the design - just solid! Nutty thought: how difficult would it be to add a rear shock to the '20?

The '20 has similar geometry to the KHS folders.

If you look at the "soft tail" on the KHS, there's no rear swing-arm - just the shock between the seat-tube and seat-stays. If I see a used '20 somewhere, I think that'll be my next project. (the junker was a "$0 invested" project ;)

Keep posting the pics!
Chris