Old 08-22-12, 10:02 AM
rsacilotto

Bikes: 1983 Trek 760, 2000 Fuji Team, 1988 Schwinn Voyageur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff Pedals
Just do it ....once you do one, you will be wanting to sign up for more of them. I think like was mentioned earler. Alot of what makes it tough for people is in your head...I mean it is a long ride but it is very do'able if you just pace yourself & don't stay to long at each sag stop, drink lots of fluids, powerade & water, the last 10-15 miles will feel the worst for sure but once it's over & you finish it will be all woth it.

edit - well after reading other replies, it seems u are signed up & it sounds like the hardest part of your century will be the middle & it sounds like it will be down hill mostly near the end which sounds nice, so you should be good.

+1 -before my first century I read that it is common to hit a mental wall at around 80 miles. Toward the end of the ride, I got to point where I just didn't want to be on the bike anymore. I looked at my computer - 81 miles. Knowing this was typical helped, I rode through it and felt a lot better when I got to 90, even though I was pretty tired. It felt really good to finish.