View Single Post
Old 08-23-12, 08:38 AM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by giskard
Is there any easy way I can fit both the mudguards and rack onto the 2012 frame? I could use longer screws if I can find the exact correct length but that's proving to be a problem here in the UK and also, would it be safe to fit both items using one mounting point?
I'd use the eyelets for the rack mounting, and then a set of P-clips for the fender mounts.

Originally Posted by giskard
I am curious as to why Kona have only provided one mounting hole on the latest frames whereas the 2010 frame had two?
The JTS is designed as a jack-of-all-trades, and one of those trades is CX racing. It's rare you'll see anyone racing with fenders or a rack. It does many things "OK" but none of them perfectly. The new model is a bit more geared toward racing than the 2010 model, but overall it has never been strictly a commuter bike.

I've got a 2011 RL Conquest Pro which is a similar bike; Alu/CF, and it too has only a single eyeletted rear.