View Single Post
Old 08-23-12, 10:51 AM
loubapache

Bikes: 2015 Windsor Oxford; 2012 Trek T900; 2008 Iron Horse Commuter; 1999 Specialized Stumpjumper M2 Pro; 1999 Kona Lava Dome; 1992 Trek 520 Tour; 1980 Fuji Grand Tour SE; 1973 Raleigh LTD-3; 1956 Robin Hood; 198x Worksman Industrial Trike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
New Tandem Owner (Trek T900)

Hi, Tandem lovers.

We just bought a new Trek T900 yesterday. Overall we are happy with it. However there are things that can be better.

First of all, the tandem is "Made in China".

The brakes seem to be of inferior quality (compared to the rest of the components on the tandem). The front brake, for example, is kind of loose (the brake lever) even if I tighten the cable to a point where the pads almost touch the wheel. I saw they put the rear brake springs in the upper holes (of the three holes) for the rear brakes so I also moved the front brake springs to the top holes (were in the middle holes). It is a little better but still not as tight as the rear brakes. Maybe I need to upgrade to some better V-brakes.

The wheels are 26" but seem to be well made.

Right now, when I go over 12 MPH, there is a whistling noise. It is kind of elusive but seems to be from the front. I would say it is either from the front hub or could even be something else due to aerodynamics. I wonder if you have had the same experience before.

I am 6' tall and the wife is 5'10" and the tandem fits both of us well.