Old 08-12-05, 06:29 AM
tekhna

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First bike-Bought a Specialized Allez Triple

So far so good. The sora isn't wonderful, but I am OK with it. It just seems silly to upgrade the Soras now, or anytime soon. I only have about 25 miles into this thing, but it is handling very well. Shifting isn't always exact, or smooth but it has been good enough. I have lost my chain once on a hill, which is a little worrying, but only once. I am really actually quite happy with this thing so far. For a first road bike, it seems like it was more than worth the 499. Even more so given that I was riding 30-40 miles a day on a mountain bike (Hell, in case none of you knew). I sadly enough have RA training esentially for the next 2 weeks at school, so I will not be able to ride much.
I am probably going to be looking at upgrading the pedals to clipless, although probably in the spring when I will be using it more. I am also thinking of upgrading the tires. Any suggestions. I added the following when I bought it-
Cat Eye Mity 8
Under-seat bag
Tire levers
2 spare tubes
patch kit
pump
helmet
Bottle cage/bottle
Came out total to about 620. I might be forgetting something though.

I had such a difficult time finding a bike in my size in MN, but I finally found this one at Williamson bikes in Madison, WI. For comparison, I tried out the Giant OCR3 (I liked it a lot, but they wanted 650 at Budget bikes, and didn't seem to want to budge) Felt F90 (None in my size) Schwinn Fastback (Felt awful) and a couple others.