yes... You're on my left

Bikes: Specialized FSR XC/Trek 930

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Thanks for the support.

Each rib on my right side has a hairline fracture. They aren't sure of all the damage just that each one has been damaged a bit. Who knows these are the same docs that said it was a bruise and not broken just 7 days ago.

dbd, Try standing on your bike and pedalling with bruised ribs, they are supporting bones hahaha As soon as I can ride xc I will be out there. If I was a jogger I would be good to go ...actually the worst is the breathing, if I walk to hard and my lungs expand they really push on the ribs...that smarts ..
I feel your pain brother! To be fair to the docs, my emergency room xrays (looking specifically at the ribs) showed no breaks at all. The next day, at the ortho's office, the new xrays showed 1 maybe 2 breaks. A week later, all of the breaks were clearly visible. It just took some time for the ribs to move around and separate enough to show the damage. For me however, 11 months later I'm still recovering. I'm back on the bike (that happened in April), but it was a very slow start and to date I'm very happy that I will pass 500 (total) miles on todays ride. I think jogging would be worse Take your time, heal up, and maybe start indoors on a trainer (just to keep the legs in shape).