Old 08-28-12, 12:57 PM
surfjimc
Used to be fast

Bikes: 85 Specialized Expedition, 07 Motobecane Immortal Spirit built up with Dura ace and Mavic Ksyriums, '85 Bianchi Track Bike, '90 Fisher Procaliber, '96 Landshark TwinDirt Shark Tandem, '88 Curtlo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chefisaac
Did you have any issue with your tent being tall? I am about your height and am curious about this. If you had to, would you buy all the stuff again?
The tent is actually a great fit. I can sleep in it with my wife and we fit well, and I don't hit the ends, which is great for staying dry in the rain. It is also the perfect solo tent for me. Plenty of room to move around in if you're spending extra time in it due to rain.
Yes, I would buy them all again. Being big leads to trade-offs. Big guys = big gear = more weight. Everything is a compromise between weight and fit and comfort. I really like the tent and the sleeping bag. Neither is minimalist, but they aren't on the high end of weight. For a sleeping bag, I really like the Exped for its weight and versatility, but would like a Feathered Friends Wren. Similar to my Exped Dreamwalker, but much lighter and more expensive. But again, it is cut for a smaller framed person, so I'll never own one.
For the Exped downmat ul 7, the jury is still out. It is very comfortable, fairly light for its size, and easy to fill up. I am wondering how the down will do in extended wet weather. With the total set up coming in at less than 10 lbs, I am very happy with it. Some would say it's still to heavy, but it is just right for me at the moment.