View Single Post
Old 08-29-12, 06:55 AM
Garfield Cat

Bikes: Cervelo Prodigy

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 50 Posts
Free form text is just Microsoft Word. That would work plus you can add extra stuff about tire punctures, new tires on the bike, etc. It comes in handy when you try to figure out when stuff happened. Each year you start a new bike log. That means a new Microsoft Word document for that particular year. When you take a trip with your bike, you can email that bike log onto gmail or something and pick it up on your laptop.

I have a Garmin Edge 305 and that's a lot of data that I export onto Garmin's software "Training Center". That software is on my desktop. Garmin also has their own web site software that Garmin users can download to that as well. That way you don't have to worry about losing data if your home or laptop hard disk goes bad. That feature is called "Garmin Connect".

Then I also use Microsoft Excel. I devised my own spreadsheet to calculate the "moving average speed" by cutting off the slowest miles of a ride. That way I know the percentage of a particular ride that went beyond a certain mph threshold.