View Single Post
Old 08-31-12, 05:28 PM
RoadTire 

Bikes: '09 Trek 2.1 * '75 Sekine * 2010 Raleigh Talus 8.0 * '90 Giant Mtb * Raleigh M20 * Fuji Nevada mtb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Most of your questions can be answered in this recent short thread of mine. I would go to a 2-bolt quality seatpost, not a single bold or cheap. If you are careful, the less expensive ones recommended by some of the folks on this thread will work - but you have to be careful they stay tight. I did stay with the same brand of seatpost that stripped because it was a zero-dollar swap at my LBS (REI) and because I understand how the ridges stripped out. Now when I adjust, I check after about 100 feet for tightness, (yep, loosened a little) then after 1/4 mile, (very little) then a mile... and after about 5 miles.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...-declining-ugh
FB4K - Every October we wrench on donated bikes. Every December, a few thousand kids get bikes for Christmas. For many, it is their first bike, ever. Every bike, new and used, was donated, built, cleaned and repaired. Check us out on FaceBook: FB4K.

Disclaimer: 99% of what I know about cycling I learned on BF. That would make, ummm, 1% experience. And a lot of posts.

Last edited by RoadTire; 08-31-12 at 05:31 PM.