View Single Post
Old 08-31-12, 09:06 PM
Drew Eckhardt 

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by Gmicklus
Hi all I have a 2009 centaur shifter not escape it the newer design ultra shift it beginning to get soft so I went to order parts and low and behold it appears that campy no longer sells parts for a rebuild. This can't be right does anyone have better info on buying rebuild parts for the new gen campy brifters
You might try disassembling and reassembling - people have found that one of the index detent balls was mis-placed. If that doesn't work you're probably suffering from the original 2009 lever's "soft" cam which was replaced as a running change and briefly available as a replacement part. With those no longer available you'll need a 2010 or newer assembly.

NOS 2010 Veloce Ultrashift levers are still available for $125 including hoods ($30) and cable set ($50) for a net cost of $45 on top of what you'll eventually be spending on wear items. Swap your brake blades; the rest of the shifter is identical to what you have except for the deeper detents in the index cam

http://www.totalcycling.com/a-z/shif...SD&isAPerson=Y

(I just got a set for spares to go with my 2010 Centaur Carbon levers).

When those run out you'll need to buy a replacement right assembly for approximately $90.

Last edited by Drew Eckhardt; 09-02-12 at 10:43 AM.