Old 09-01-12, 04:55 AM
Deetox

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
OMG just for the heck of it I decided to count the number of cogs on my cassette and I counted 9! I then looked closely at the smallest cog and noticed "SRAM 9.0" printed on the front of it! So I do in fact already have a 9 speed cassette lol. The guy I bought the bike from told me it was 2x8 speed and I never thought to verify if that was actually true or not. I've only taken it for 2 short rides so far so I'm not really too familiar with it yet. I've been letting it sit in storage until I found a way to replace the flat bar, aero bars and bar end shifters that it currently has with drop bars and brifters.

ALRIGHT so I can now say with absolute certainty that this is a 2x9 speed bike. There is one thing that perplexes me now though, the model name printed on back of the right bar end shifters plastic lever cover is SL-BS50, which according to the velobase website are supposed to be 6/7 speed not 9.

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.as...4b88a&Enum=104

So how the heck are these shifters even working if I have a 9 speed cassette? Guess I'll have to take the bike for a spin tomorrow and do some tests, something isn't right here.

EDIT: Oh yeah and since the bike is 2x9 does that mean the Tiagra 4500's will work or no?

Last edited by Deetox; 09-01-12 at 06:14 AM.