Old 09-02-12, 09:53 PM
skijor
on by

Bikes: Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 849 Post(s)
Liked 485 Times in 300 Posts
I've heard that. And one strategy to lessen the risk of getting a db tenant is to price the rent at a high enough level so as to make it unaffordable for dbs. Discrimination based on a stereotype? Absolutely. Call it what you will, but the odds are more in the landlord's favor. No guarantees/YMMV

Many people are new landlords because they wouldn't get enough for their property. My landlord is one example. He grew up in this house and inherited it when his father passed away a couple years ago. This property wouldn't list for much even though it's in good shape. So for the time being, he's renting it. He found a website for a basic contract and had a lawyer review it. I for one am grateful to have found a decent place with an excellent landlord. He's addressed issues promptly...one broken window (stress fracture), installed deadbolts (although the neighborhood is quite peaceful), purchased a brand new snowblower, and supplied a good Toro lawnmower for my use. He obviously did not go to the "DB Landlords 101" class.