Old 09-03-12, 12:26 PM
Steamer
Zircon Encrusted Tweezers

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by drmweaver2
Fit? Only ridden a SWB 20 miles in one ride once; other rides were less than 20 each and all told, only 50 or so. Never tried to "fit" a SWB before, but how hard can it be? Adjust the seat recline. Slide the seat forward backward. Pedal. Right?
That's a start. The bars and riser make take a little fiddling to balance out various, partially conflicting issues like seeing over the bars - shin clearance - arm extension - arm angle/levelness - thigh interference when turning. It takes me a while to get any new 'bent setup the way that works best. And here I am talking about more than fit. Simple things like bottle mounts, light mounts, etc.

Also, a highracer handles completely differently from a LWB like what you have now. It even seems to tax the muscles sightly differently. You may have a sense of how much or how little importance this may be for you personally, from the bit of test riding you've already done.

My advice is to look at the bike/body position and adjustment of those riding highracers, including the hardware setup inso far as bags, bottles, lights, etc. is concerned, and take some amount of inspiration from that.

Once your get your setup done initially, post a profile pic of yoursef on the Bacchetta forum or BROL and folk can offer helpful critique. I will offer some. I promise to be polite.

Good luck! You've got some stuff to sort out, but it's al do-able. You'll have to get crackin', though.

-Tom