View Single Post
Old 09-04-12, 11:59 AM
epiking

Bikes: '86 Miyata 1000, '85 Raleigh Elkhorn (retired), 2000 Specializer HardRock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am 59
1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride? My current ride is a hybridized 85 Raleigh Elkhorn (MTB)

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older? I take a daily multi-vitamin and glucosamine-chrondroitin.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any? I lost about 4-5 mph (flat level). My recent riding efforts are about 4 months old, not sure if there are more gains to be had.

4. How long have you been biking? Off and on all my adult life, in the early 70's as a college student, in the mid 80's (daily commuted), recently began cycling for fitness early May.

5. What type of biking do you do? Strickly recreational at this point although my range continues to grow.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage? I ride daily (early mornings) and sometimes in the evening. It is hot in Arizona (flat lands) this time of year. Once the weather cools off that will change. Should be over 2000mi (annual) at current pace.

I recently began exercising, I am limited to low impact type activities. The exercise bike was so boring I opted to do the real thing. Having fun.