Old 09-05-12, 09:06 AM
lanlinc

Bikes: Nishiki Road Bike unknown?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bee gentle I'm a real noob ;)

Hello everyone, and thanks for any response. I have a Nishiki Road bike that we've had since the 80's, but for the life of me I don't know the model, but what I do have is the serial number off the crank housing (GE 04239). We had it rebuild (back in the 80's) so my wife could use it in a tri-athalon, but unfortunately we had left it out since we've been here and it's gotten pretty bad. I'll have to replace the bearings, and the rims/wheels (you can't even see the writing on the tires and they're practically rotting off the rims). So my question is can anyone point me to where I can check on the size rims/tires that I'll need? Also I want to replace the handle bars to the bull horn style or anything something easier on the body for long distance rides? We really used this bike alot before we got here and I really would like for us to enjoy it again.

Thanks so much for your time and energy into looking at this. I would take it to a bike shop, but I'm thinking I can do this a little cheaper and enjoy seeing it come back to life.

PS I've worked on motorcycles for a long time and so I'm somewhat mechanically inept.

Thanks from new member, Larry T.