Old 09-11-12, 10:08 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5755 Post(s)
Liked 2,524 Times in 1,395 Posts
I don't speak for Fuji, but based on my decades in the industry, can say that things like BBs wearing out over time are not generally covered by warranties. Usually bike companies cover the frames, but not the components (which they buy). Most dealers cover parts for 30-90 days, some longer, and the factories tend to make good on any parts that fail when still very new, ie within 30 days.

I don't know how much you ride or to what extent (if any) weather is a factor in your BB's demise. Nor do I know the details of Fuji's warranty policy, so don't want to encourage or discourage you in this. In your shoes, I'd start with the Fuji netsite and the dealer locator there (if they have one). Then I'd phone Fuji and ask about the warranty policy. You could also visit any Fuji dealer, and ask to see a sample of the warranty paperwork that comes with new bikes.

Now one bit of bad news. Regardless of what Fuji's policy is, dealers other than the one who sold you the bike aren't obligated to offer you free warranty service (this varies by state). So even if it's covered, and even if Fuji replaces the part, a dealer would be within his rights to ask that you pick up the labor.

There are about a dozen shops in the Hampton/Newport News area. I've only dealt with one (as a supplier, not a client) but they are pretty knowlegeable and enjoy a decent reputation. That's Conte's in Newport News. But I don't know if they're a Fuji dealer.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.