View Single Post
Old 09-13-12, 11:04 AM
Acquaspin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IBOHUNT
Gator burger is the best. I take 2 lb tail meat and 1 lb Hickory smoked bacon. Grind it all together to make my burgers. Top with some horseradish, pepperjack cheese, a slice of onion and Old Bay
I do the same with Venison - 2 to 1 ratio.

In a pinch Sonic will work
I've heard Vera's burgers are top shelf
Tried the venison, 2:1 to pork shoulder. Amazing burgers. I'm sure with bacon it might be more flavorful as the fat content is a bit higher than shoulder not to mention the smokey part... I'll respectfully steal the idea and try it. I'm not a bacon fan but i sure can make sacrifices in the spirit of food exploration.

The idea of a nice summer BBQ waiting for me at the end of a long ride is one of the strong motivators. Usually no bun, occasional cheese. All the flavor on the burger itself.
I'm also an old school believer in some natural alliances that man can not/should not break: Batman and Robin, roasted turkey and mash potatoes, grilled steak and red wine, and burger and beer.
For the latter, if calorie counting was an issue, a burger bun is about the same calories of a beer. I feel I'd get more bang for my calorie buck replacing the bun with the beer.