Old 09-13-12, 03:55 PM
Blind
Holy crip he's a crapple

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ultraman6970
The cranks you have arent flimsy at all, are you sure you dont have problems with lose crankset bolts or something ???

Yes, will be easier for you just get a shimano something cranset together with the cups. A detail... im not an expert in shimano but you have to find out if the crankset you have will match fine the group you have because with shimano, specially dura ace there are some issues mixing brands and models... With campagnolo I would say just buy whatever you want because it will work fine, with shimano is not that like a super straight forward swap...
everything is tight, 50ft/lbs on the crank arm bolts, and as tight as I could get the chainring bolts and pedal bolts by hand, everything assembled with anti-seize.

I haven't taken it all apart and put back together since it started clicking, I may try that tonight.

However strong the sugino cranks may be for others, they visibly walk around if I pedal hard. I'm a big guy, 6'5" and 210lbs. This doesn't happen with my 2 other bikes (shimano 600 and deore xt cranksets).

I'm not too worried about parts compatibility as I've used my current setup for several months before I bailed and this clicking started. Every gear change is crisp and works perfect, and I'm definitely not using a dura-ace BB or crankset right now.

Last edited by Blind; 09-13-12 at 03:59 PM.