View Single Post
Old 09-17-12, 11:20 AM
markm109

Bikes: '03 Litespeed Blue Ridge; '15 Litespeed T5; '17 Jamis Renegade Exploit; '17 Salsa Fargo 27.5+

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Also watched the movie on Netflix. Very interesting but not sure I could do it for 10 days. My wife talked me into a Vitamix which I agreed to because I liked the idea of getting everything from fruits/veggies, not wasting the pulp. We use it for green drinks most mornings and I have one after riding sometimes with some extra rice protein powder thrown in. The green drinks have spinach and kale - two greens I never ate until we got the Vitamix.

I've been Vegan for 4 years so the Vitamix helps a lot. Rice / Soy / Coconut ice cream is very expensive. Now I just make fruit sorbet quickly and a lot cheaper than store bought. Also make soups like tortilla soup with it on occasion. I wasn't sure how much we would use it but by keeping it on the counter, it really is quick and easy to make stuff.

One added benefit, by son came back from college and had gained weight. He also doesn't like veggies - prefers quick fast unhealthy food. He actually likes the green drinks and has been making them for breakfast too. He's actually eating healthy.

I highly recommend changing your diet to more whole, less processed foods. And getting a good blender helped me eat foods that are good for you.