TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Ns1
Putting my bike down and letting the dumbass hit my bike would stop him from doing that again.
Let me direct your attention to the following post in the "another cyclist killed on PCH" message:

Originally Posted by Bendopolo
I've been hit and run twice on Pch. Once in HB and once in Sunset Beach. Both were from behind, one sent me onto my handle bars where I sat on them and tried to stop gracefully. Didn't. Watched the pickup driving away with the guys girlfriend hitting him from the side and screaming at him. I did not catch him. Second was in HB. Hit as I was slowing to a stoplight. I crossed over the right turn lane and was slowing into a group of riders when I was picked up from behind and speared into my helmut was the bolt holding a big mirror. I went a couple of feet haning on this until I dropped off and rolled. My bike kept going and I jumped up and chased it. Tough with clip ins. He might of stopped but in my addreniline rush caused me to jump on the bike and give chase. I only lasted about a hundred feet when I collapsed from loss of blood. Almost became a statistic. Some might wish I had. Still ride at least 150 miles a week. I try to stay with a group if I can but we know its dangerous out there. My worst accident though was on SART. Coming home in the late afternoon I was hit by a bicycle coming out of the blind turn at the end of the trail right before you go under the PCH bridge. That was July 3 2011. Head on, it was horrific. I am 6 foot and 215. The kid that hit me going the wrong way was all of 5 6' and 150 pounds. He want to the hospital. I got back on my bike and rode home. I couldn't get off my bike though so I dropped into the grass in front of my house. Two broken ankles, two broken wrists, and four broken ribs. His helmet outline was visible in the X-rays I later had. No insurance and four months of lost work. Hurt like hell. The worst was the road rash, like a blinding third degree burn. One year and three months later I still feel my ribs aching sometimes. Be careful out there. Sounds like I'm not but this is all that has ever happened to me in forty five years of riding.
Perhaps that will change your mind about the advisability of intentionally involving yourself in a crash.