diverguy
No longer just a beginner

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Campag4life
Congrats on your build and great write up. Have to say...a remarkable price for a Dogma frameset. Any way to tell if it is a bonefide OEM frame versus knock off? Sure looks like the read deal. I am not real familar with that frame but have to believe the retail in the US would be close to $2K for the frame alone...perhaps somebody who knows better can correct me on that. No doubt you incurred some risk by ordering directly from China...presuming straight from the factory at that price..risk would be transit damage of course...you mentioned the box took its share of abuse...but you dodged that bullet and outstanding value.
Another bonus is the Dogma frame has a threaded BB...very nice complement to running Ultegra cranks which are very good.

A question...any idea how much your Open Pro wheelset weighs? Looks to be 32 spoke front and back..is that so? They should be rock solid and bomb proof.

Congrats on the build...beautiful bike.
Thanks! Yes, the Mavics are 32 spoke front and back. I'm very pleased with them.

In the end, I don't truly know if it's OEM or some knock off. If it's a knock off, it's that close. The dealer said it was OEM. He had nothing but positive feedback from other buyers so no one has "caught" him selling knocks off before. It even has the Italian version of an "Assembled in Italy" label molded into the carbon fiber. I may be wrong... and I really don't care... but I'm choosing to believe the dealer that it's OEM.