View Single Post
Old 09-25-12, 01:37 AM
aenlaasu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shellyrides
I think what I am getting to is really shop around to find a bike shop that "fits" some times its as important as the bike fitting its self.
I so have to agree with this. For me it's not the older frame style which was the problem but the fact that I ride a recumbent. The one cycle shop that was polite and willing to work on it is utterly clueless. The rest have flat out refused to do even look at it, telling me to get a 'real bike'.

I do what work I can on the machine, but gears just give me fits. Doesn't matter if it's a DF bike or a 'bent. I used beat my head against the gear wall for hours at a time only to end up settling with noisy, twitchy shifting. Until my husband found two shops in Stockholm. One is very willing to do the work, but insanely busy. I use them for parts and advice mostly. The other which is on the far side of Stockholm (60-70 mile drive) I take when I have gearing issues. They're cheerful, polite and FAST. Often they promise to have my ride back the next day only to call in the afternoon of the first day to say it's ready.

As far as I'm concerned, it's worth the long drive for such good service.